Polyco Swift Household Light-Duty Rubber Gloves
If you need a simple pair of lightweight gloves for basic protection during domestic cleaning tasks, the Polyco Swift Household Light-Duty Rubber Gloves are a great choice. The soft, cotton-flock lining ensures maximum comfort during use, while the anatomical, ergonomic fit offers flexibility, ease-of-movement, and helps to reduce hand fatigue. With a slip-resistant pattern on the palm, both of these gloves have enhanced grip, and protection from non-hazardous chemicals such as gentle cleaning detergents.
The blue variation of these gloves are food-safe, allowing secure and hygienic contact with foodstuffs.
Which Size Household Gloves Should I Wear?
The Polyco Swift Household Gloves are available in a selection of sizes. The blue, food-safe, variation of these gloves are available in a size 6-6.5, while the yellow variation is available in a size 7-7.5. To discover if either of these gloves are a good fit for your hands, start by measuring your palm width (as seen below).
Once you have this measurement, compare it to the below table to find out if either of these gloves are a good fit for you.
|Glove Size ||Palm Width |
|Size 6 - 6.5 ||6 - 6.5cm |
|Size 7 - 7.5 ||7 - 7.5cm |
Who Can Use the Polyco Swift Rubber Gloves?
The Polyco Swift Rubber Gloves are ideal for use in the home for a range of light-duty cleaning tasks. They can also be used for low-risk tasks in janitorial, food handling, and beauty industries. Recommended applications of the gloves include (but are not limited to):
- Cleaning with non-hazardous substances
- Food preparation (blue variation only)
- Food manufacturing (blue variation only)
- Food handling (blue variation only)
- Light-duty handling
- Light-duty assembly
- Barbering and hairdressing
How Can These Light-Duty Gloves Protect My Hands?
These gloves offer good protection in low-risk environments, making them suitable for light-duty cleaning and food handling tasks. Protective features of these gloves include:
- Low level of chemical resistance for secure handling of non-hazardous cleaning materials
- Food-safe design (blue gloves only) for hygienic contact with foodstuffs
- Slip-resistant pattern enhances grip for less chance of slippage during handling tasks
Testing to European Standards
Please note: This glove model was discontinued by the Polyco brand, and has not been tested to current European Standards. The below data is compliant with 2015 standards only.
EN388: Mechanical Risk
|Hazard ||Resistance Level |
|Abrasion Resistance ||Level 1 |
|Cut Resistance ||Level 0 |
|Tear Resistance ||Level 1 |
|Puncture Resistance ||Level 0 |
EN374-3: Chemical Resistance
These gloves meet the 2003 European Standard for a low-level of protection against chemical dangers. They have been tested for proven protection against the following substances:
|Chemical ||Level of Protection (2003 Testing Standards) |
|Methanol ||Level 1 |
|Sodium Hydroxide (40%) ||Level 6 |
|Sulphuric Acid (96%) ||Level 2 |
EN374-2: RESISTANCE TO MICRO-ORGANISMS
These gloves meet the 2003 European Standards for protection against bacteria and fungi.
EN1186: Food Contact (Blue Gloves Only)
These blue variation of these gloves are compliant with EN1186 standards and are suitable for use with all food categories in situations of short term, repeat contact.
Please note: The EN1186 compliance only applies to the blue variation of these gloves. The yellow variation of the Polyco Swift Household gloves are not food-safe.
Key Features and Benefits
- Pair of light-duty household gloves
- Ideal for low-risk domestic cleaning tasks
- Blue variation is suitable for contact with foodstuffs
- Slip-resistant design on the glove palm enhances grip for secure handling
- Anatomically shaped for a comfortable, ergonomic fit that minimises hand fatigue
- Dextrous, lightweight design offers flexibility for ease-of-movement
- Low-level of protection from chemicals for safe handling of non-hazardous cleaning materials
- Soft flock lining absorbs perspiration, keeping hands cool, dry, and comfortable
What Are These Gloves Made From?
The Swift Household Gloves are made of rubber and a cotton-flock lining.
Documentation for the Swift Household Gloves