Ansell AlphaTec 62-401 Insulated Latex Gauntlet Gloves
Providing protection against mechanical risk, some chemicals, and heat and cold, the Ansell AlphaTec 62-401 Insulated Latex Gauntlet Gloves are suitable for an array of tasks in the food, construction, manufacturing and public utilities industries. A crinkle finish promotes safer handling and reduces user hand fatigue, while a liquid-proof coating and gauntlet cuff add extra protection against liquids and chemicals.
Please note that these were previously known as the VersaTouch 62-401 Gloves.
Features and Benefits of the 62-401 Insulated Latex Gloves
- Supported natural rubber latex gauntlet gloves
- cotton jersey liner for enhanced user comfort
- Liquid-proof coating for chemical resistance
- High level of flexibility and excellent dexterity
- Crinkle finish promotes better user grip
- Gauntlet cuff provides protection to the wrist
- Good resistance to abrasion, cut and tear
- Protect against contact heat up to 250°C
- Insulation against cold down to -20°C
Protection Against Heat and Cold
The 62-401 Gloves provide protection against contact heat. When tested to EN407:2004, they received a rating of '02XXXX', meaning that they provide protection against contact heat up to 250°C.
These gloves also provide insulation against contact cold down to -20°C and resist permeation by water for longer than 30 minutes. As a result, they are ideal for outdoor applications, wet work and tasks that take place in a cold environment.
Applications for the AlphaTec 62-401 Latex Gauntlets
Manufactured according to European Regulation 1935/2004 and European Regulation 2023/2006, and providing protection against cut, cold and heat, the 62-401 Gloves are ideal for use in the food industry, including preparation, processing and handling applications. Other ideal uses include (but are not limited to):
- Building materials handling
- Glass manufacturing
- Public utilities
- Slippery plastics
- Waste collection
Testing of the Ansell AlphaTec 62-401 Gauntlet Gloves
The Ansell AlphaTec Latex Gauntlet Gloves meet the following specifications:
- European Directive 89/686/EEC
- EN 420:2003 + A1:2009
- EN 407:2004: 02XXXX
- EN 388:2003: 3231
- EN 511:2006: 011
- EN 374:2003: AKL
- EN 374:2003 (protection against micro-organisms)
- European Regulation 1935/2004 'Materials and Articles to Come into Contact with Foodstuff'
- European Regulation 2023/2006 'Good Manufacturing Practices for Materials and Articles to Come into Contact with Foodstuffs'
The table below showcases the test results of the Ansell AlphaTec Gloves according to EN 388:
When tested to EN 374:2003, the AlphaTec Gauntlet Gloves achieved a permeation resistance rating of at least 30 minutes when exposed to the following chemicals:
|Sodium hydroxide 40%
|Sulphuric acid 96%
Please see the PDF below for further details about the conformity of the gloves when in contact with food:
Sizing of the Ansell AlphaTec Gloves
The Ansell AlphaTec 62-401 Gauntlet Gloves are available in a choice of sizes, making them suitable for most users. Please consult the table below for details, then select the required size from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. The gauntlet gloves have a thickness of 1.35mm and a length of 320mm.
|Hand Circumference (mm)
|Hand Length (mm)
Documentation for the AlphaTec Gloves
|Instructions for Use
|Food Safety Certificate