Ansell Scorpio 09-022 Neoprene Hi-Lo Gauntlets
Designed to protect hands from a wide range of chemicals, oils, acids, and mechanical hazards, the Ansell Scorpio 09-022 Neoprene Hi-Lo Gauntlets are ideal for providing hand protection during a multitude of tasks. They feature a special Hi-Lo insulated construction to permit intermittent handling in a broad temperature range, while the anatomical glove shape contours to the hand for improved dexterity and reduced hand fatigue.
The product code for the gauntlet gloves is: 09-022.
Key Features and Benefits of the 09-022 Gauntlets
- Designed to protect the hands from a range of oils, acids, caustics, alcohols, and solvents
- Reusable gauntlets for ongoing hand and wrist protection
- Good resistance against abrasions and all mechanical hazards
- Special Hi-Lo insulated gauntlet with quilted cotton liner for use in both hot and cold temperatures
- Permits intermittent handing in hot liquids up to 180°C and handling in cold temperatures down to -25°C
- Anatomical shape of glove follows contours of the hand at rest for improved dexterity and reduced hand fatigue
- Available in a range of sizes for a comfortable fit
- Suitable for a range of applications, from maintenance and metal fabrication to degreasing and petrochemicals
Protection Against Chemicals
When working in environments where harsh chemicals are present, it is paramount to ensure that the hands are sufficiently protected. The Scorpio 09-022 Nitrile Gauntlets protect the hands and wrists from a range of oils, acids, caustics, alcohols, and many solvents. They also provide good resistance to all mechanical hazards for improved safety in the workplace.
While many gloves and gauntlets provide chemical protection, some may perform better than others outside of certain temperature ranges. With special Hi-Lo insulation, the 09-022 gauntlets permit intermittent handling in hot liquids up to 180°C and handling in cold temperatures down to -25°C.
Applications of the Ansell Scorpio 09-022 Gauntlets
The Ansell Scorpio Neoprene Hi-Lo Gauntlets are suitable for the following applications:
- Chemical handling (especially caustics and solvents)
- Metal fabrication
- Refining: oil and petrol
Testing of the Ansell Scorpio 09-022 Gauntlets
The Ansell Scorpio Neoprene Hi-Lo Gauntlets meet the following specifications:
- European Directive 89/686/EEC
- EN 420:2003 + A1:2009
- EN 374:2003 (AKL)
- EN 388:2003:3232
- EN 407:32XXXX
- EN 511:111
The table below showcases the test results of the Ansell Scorpio 09-022 gauntlets according to EN 388 Mechanical Risk specifications.
|Hazard ||Resistance Rating |
|Abrasion ||3 |
|Cut ||2 |
|Tear ||3 |
|Puncture ||2 |
The table below showcases the test results of the Ansell Scorpio 09-022 gauntlets according to EN 511:
|Property ||Performance Level |
|Convective Cold ||Level 1 |
|Contact Cold ||Level 1 |
|Water Permeability ||Level 1 |
For detailed information about the permeation breakthrough times of the gauntlets according to EN 374-3:2003, please view the PDF below.
Sizing of the Ansell Scorpio Gauntlets
The Ansell Scorpio 09-022 Gauntlets are available in a Size 10 only. The following specifications apply:
- Hand circumference: 254mm
- Hand length: 204mm
- Gauntlet length: 350mm
Documentation for the Ansell 09-022 Gloves
|Conformity Statement ||Instructions for Use |
| || |