Polyco Teflon Mitt Heat-Proof Kitchen and Kiln Gloves (Silver Mittens)
Use of ovens and kilns should always be done with the upmost care to avoid serious burns. The Polyco Teflon Mitt Heat-Proof Kitchen and Kiln Gloves (Silver Mittens) are an ambidextrous and oil-resistant pair of mitten-gloves suitable for use with foodstuffs. Designed with level 2 contact heat resistance, these gloves can help to protect your hands during brief, intermittent handling of components up to 250°C.
- 1 x Pair of Teflon Mitten-Gloves
Will These Silver Mittens Fit Me?
These heat-proof mittens are available in one size that should suit most adult users. You can check how well these gloves will fit you by measuring the length of your hand and the circumference of your palm (as seen below). Once you have these measurements, you can compare them to the sizing table to evaluate how well this glove will fit.
|Size ||Palm Circumference ||Hand Length |
|Size 9 (Large) ||229mm ||192mm |
Who Can Use These Heat-Proof Mittens?
The heat-proof protective gloves are ideal for working with ovens and kilns, making them perfect for a selection of food-focused and artistic industries. The gloves can keep your hands safe when working around ovens and kilns, making the idea for applications such as:
- Food preparation
- Food manufacturing
- Industrial oven usage
- Domestic oven usage
- Handling hot trays
- Firing pottery pieces and ceramics
- General kiln usage
How Can These Teflon Gloves Protect My Hands?
The Teflon Mittens are designed with a decent level of cut resistance to help protect the hands from wounds and lacerations in low-risk environments. One of the most significant safety features of this glove is its level 2 contact heat resistant design. With level 2 contact heat resistance, this glove can be used for brief, intermittent handling of materials up to 250°C (ideal for removing oven trays, or art-works from a kiln).
Testing to European Standards
EN 388 (Mechanical Resistance)
|Hazard ||Resistance Level |
|Abrasion Resistance ||Level 1 |
|Cut Resistance ||N/A |
|Tear Resistance ||Level 2 |
|Puncture Resistance ||Level 2 |
|ISO Cut Resistance ||Level B |
EN 407 (Resistance to Heat)
|Hazard ||Resistance Level |
|Burning Resistance ||N/A |
|Contact Heat Resistance ||Level 2 (250°C) |
|Convective Heat Resistance ||N/A |
|Radiant Heat Resistance ||N/A |
|Resistance to Small Molten Splashes ||N/A |
|Resistance to Large Molten Splashes ||N/A |
EN1186: Food Safety
These gloves have been determined safe for use when handling and working with foodstuffs.
Key Features and Benefits
- Pair of silver Teflon mitten-gloves
- Suitable for work with ovens and kilns
- Level 2 contact heat resistance minimises risk of handling materials up to 250°C
- Colour-coded cuff (either red or green) makes it easier to avoid contamination
- Food-safe design ensures these gloves are suitable for use in kitchens and food preparation areas
- Non-stick Teflon coating prevents oil and grease from being absorbed by the glove material
- Ambidextrous construction offers maximum convenience
- 38cm-long sleeve extends protection to the wrist and lower forearm
- Decent level of cut-resistance for protection in low-risk environments
- Available in one size that is suitable for most adult users
- Liner: Felt
- Coating: Teflon