Ansell ActivArmr Class 00 Electrical Insulating Rubber Gloves (Black)
For protection against shock following contact with low-voltage electrical sources, the Ansell ActivArmr Class 00 Electrical Insulating Rubber Gloves are a flexible choice. These arc-flash resistant gloves are designed in a hand-at-rest shape to help limit hand fatigue during prolonged usage, and are suitable for a range of industries including automotive, utilities, and mining industries.
Which Size Electrical Insulating Glove Do I need?
There are various sizes available for the ActivArmr Electrical Insulating Gloves, making it easier to find a comfortable fit for your hands. To discover which glove size you should wear, start by measuring the length of your hand and the circumference of your palm (as seen below).
Once you have these measurements, compare them to the table below to discover which glove size is the best fit.
|Size ||Palm Circumference ||Hand Length |
|Size 7 ||178mm ||171mm |
|Size 8 ||203mm ||182mm |
|Size 9 ||229mm ||192mm |
|Size 10 ||254mm ||204mm |
Who Can Use These Arc-Flash Resistant Gloves?
These Arc-Flash Resistant Gloves are ideal for when you need electrical insulation to protect yourself from low-voltage shock or similar injuries. The gloves are suitable for tasks with a risk of touch voltage, and are ideal for use during electrical work, hybrid engine manufacturing and repair, power maintenance repair and transmission, telecom repair near electrical wires, and maintenance repairs and operations in industrial environments.
Recommended roles and industries for which these gloves can be useful include (but are not limited to):
- Electrical contractors
- Automotive aftermarket
- Machinery and Equipment
- Metal fabrication
- Oil and gas industry
- Utilities industry
How Can These Rubber Gloves Protect My Hands?
The ActivArmr Electrical Insulating Gloves are designed to offer protection against Category III risks, specifically those risks involving contact with electrical currents. These gloves are designed to protect you from low-voltage shocks, including those following contact with voltages of a 500V AC maximum and 750V DC maximum.
Testing to European Standards
PPE Against Category III Risks
These gloves have been tested for use as PPE equipment to protect against category III risks.
What Is a Category III Risk?
Category III risks are complex hazards which are severe or life-threatening, or those which can cause irreversible injuries. This includes hazards such as:
- Hazardous chemicals and materials
- Electric shocks and contact with various voltage levels
- Knife wounds
- Deafening/damaging noise levels
In the case of the ActivArmr Class 00 Gloves, the design helps to protect against life-threatening or irreversible injury cause by contact with low-voltage electricity.
Please note: These gloves are a Class 00 Pair of insulating gloves, which means that they are only suitable for use as long as they are not damaged in any way.
Are There Any Alternatives to These Protective Gloves?
Ansell also make a yellow variant of this Arc-Flash Resistant Glove. The ActivArmr Electrical Insulation Arc-Flash Gloves (Yellow) are similar to the black model, with the exception that the yellow variant of these gloves are designed using a more eco-friendly dipping process.
Key Features and Benefits
- Pair of arc-flash resistant protective gloves
- Ideal for protecting against contact with low-voltage electricity
- Suitable for a range of industries, including electrical, automotive, utilities, and construction
- Natural rubber latex construction offers both durability and flexibility
- Designed with a hand-at-rest shape with non-splayed fingers to limit hand fatigue during continuous usage
- Flared cuff offers breathability and comfort for the user
- Offers light resistance to ozone and low temperatures
- Smooth finish makes for easy application and removal
- Machine washable at 60ºC for ongoing hygiene maintenance
- Available in a range of sizes so you can find the best fit for you
What Are These Straight Cuff Gloves Made From?
- Liner: Natural Latex Rubber
- Product Code: RIG0011B
- Colour: Black
- Washing Temperature: 60ºC
- Cuff Style: Straight cuff with rolled beaded edge