Cardinal Health Protexis Latex Micro Powder-Free Surgical Gloves
With a thinner construction, the Cardinal Health Protexis Latex Micro Powder-Free Surgical Gloves offer a 'bare hand' feel during surgical procedures, and are ideal as part of a double-gloving system where fingertip sensation is essential. Tested to resist chemotherapy agent permeation in accordance with ASTM 6978-05, these natural rubber latex gloves also keep hands safe from exposure of numerous chemotherapy drugs.
Which Size Is Right For Me?
The Cardinal Health Protexis Latex Micro Surgical Gloves in multiple sizes. To find the correct size for you please measure the circumference of your palm and length of your hand, as shown in the diagram below, and match your results to the table.
|Size ||Palm Circumference ||Hand Length |
|Size 6 ||152mm ||160mm |
|Size 6.5 ||165mm ||165.5mm |
|Size 7 ||178mm ||171mm |
|Size 7.5 ||205mm ||176.5mm |
|Size 8 ||203mm ||182mm |
|Size 8.5 ||216mm ||187mm |
|Size 9 ||229mm ||192mm |
Who Can Use The Cardinal Protexis lATEX Gloves?
The Cardinal Protexis Latex Micro Gloves are healthcare professionals only. These sterile surgical gloves are a thin for enhanced flexibility and tactile sensitivity during the following applications:
- General surgery
- Vascular surgeries
- Plastic surgeries
- Eye surgeries
- Outer glove when double gloving
What Standards Do THE cARDINAL pROTEXIS Latex Micro Surgical Gloves Meet?
Backed by the expertise of Cardinal Health, the Protexis Latex Micro Surgical Gloves have the following standards:
- Force at Break tested in accordance with EN 455-2
- Elongation at Break tested in accordance with ASTM D 3577
- Puncture resistance (cuff) tested in accordance with AS/NZS 4179
- Freedom from holes tested in accordance with EN 455-1
- Thickness tested in accordance with ASTM D 3577
- Protein content tested in accordance with EN 455-3 using ASTM D 5712
- Chemotherapy agent permeation tested in accordance with ASTM D 6978-05
Caution: This product contains natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reactions, including anaphylactic response.
Chemotherapy Drug Protection
The Cardinal Health Protexis Latex Micro Gloves have been tested and certified to withstand the penetration of different chemotherapy agents, as shown below:
|Agent ||Min. Breakthrough Time |
|Cisplatin (1.0 mg/mL) ||>240 minutes |
|Cyclophosphamide (20 mg/mL) ||>240 minutes |
|Doxorubicin HCL (2.0 mg/mL) ||>240 minutes |
|Etoposide (20 mg/mL) ||>240 minutes |
|Fluorouracil (50 mg/mL) ||>240 minutes |
|Ifosfamide (50 mg/mL) ||>240 minutes |
|Methotrexate (25 mg/mL) ||>240 minutes |
|Mitomycin C (0.5 mg/mL) ||>240 minutes |
|Mitoxantrone (2.0 mg/mL) ||>240 minutes |
|Paclitaxel (6.0 mg/mL) ||>240 minutes |
|Vincristine Sulfate (1.0 mg/mL ||>240 minutes |
Features and Benefits
- Thinner latex surgical gloves for hand protection in an array of clinical cases
- Protection from penetration of various chemotherapy drugs
- Enhanced flexibility and tactile sensitivity
- Comfortable smooth anti-slip finish
- Stretches and conforms to your hand contour, staying comfortably in place
- Ideal for double gloving without compromise to finger tip sensation
- Powder-free for reduced risk of dust contamination
- Anatomical fit allows for natural easy movement
- Interlocking beaded cuff design helps to reduce roll down
- Meets all relevant FDA and ASTM standards, inc. EN standards EN 455-1, -2, -3 and-4
Thin Design Without Compromised Performance
The Protexis Latex Micro Surgical Gloves are designed for surgical procedures where tactile sensitivity is the highest priority, without compromising protection. Thin and flexible, these gloves can be used in a double-gloving system where fingertip sensation is essential.
Helping to reduce the chance of powder-related skin irritation occurring the Cardinal Health Protexis Latex Micro Gloves are powder-free. This feature also helps to reduce post-operative complications associated with granulomas.
To make the Protexis Latex Micro gloves easier to use and wear, they are made using a triple-dip coating which combines latex and nitrile. This integration of materials makes the gloves incredibly easy to don, as well as improving strength and helping to reduce latex exposure.
How Strong Are These Latex Surgical Gloves?
Please see the table below for the strength properties of the Cardinal Health Protexis Latex Micro Gloves:
|Properties (before aging) || |
|Force at break ||17N |
|Elongation at break (elasticity) ||≥ 750% |
|Puncture resistance (cuff) ||Min 5N |
|Freedom from holes ||0.65 AQL |
- Materials: Natural Rubber Latex with Nitrile Polymer
- Finger: 0.17mm
- Palm: 0.14mm
- Cuff: 0.14mm
- Protein Content: Less than 50 micrograms/gram
- Cuff Type: Beaded/Rolled
Documentation of the Cardinal Health Chemotherapy Gloves