Ansell ActivArmr Class 1 Insulated Electrical Safety Gloves (Yellow)
Protect your hands from touch voltage risks with the Ansell ActivArmr Class 1 Insulated Electrical Safety Gloves (Yellow). With a slightly softer surface than the black variant, these flexible rubber gloves are designed for both comfort and protection against Category III risks regarding electric shocks. The gloves are also machine washable at 60ºC for effective hygiene maintenance.
Which Electrical Safety Glove Size Is Right For Me?
There are various of sizes of the Insulated Electrical Safety Gloves available, making it easier to find a comfortable fit for your hands. To discover which glove size you should wear, start by measuring your hand length and palm circumference (as seen below).
Once you have these measurements, use the table below as a guide to decide which size is best for you. If your measurements fall between sizes, we recommend choosing the larger size for the best fit.
|Size ||Palm Circumference ||Hand Length |
|Size 8 ||203mm ||182mm |
|Size 9 ||229mm ||192mm |
|Size 10 ||254mm ||204mm |
Who Are These Electrical Safety Gloves For?
These Ansell ActivArmr Electrical Gloves are an ideal form of protection when at risk of low-voltage shock or similar injuries. The protective rubber gloves are suitable for use during electrical work, hybrid engine manufacturing and repair, power maintenance repair and transmission, telecom repair near electrical wires, and maintenance repairs and operations in industrial environments.
Recommended roles and industries where these gloves are useful include (but are not limited to):
- Electrical contractors
- Automotive aftermarket
- Machinery and Equipment
- Metal fabrication
- Oil and gas industry
- Utilities industry
How Can These Natural Rubber Latex Gloves Protect Me?
The ActivArmr Latex Gloves are designed to offer protection against Category III risks, specifically those involving electricity. These gloves are designed to protect your hands from low-voltage shocks, including those following contact with voltages of 7,500V AC maximum and 11,250V DC maximum.
Testing to European Standards
PPE Against Category III Risks
These gloves have been tested for use as PPE equipment to protect against category III risks.
What Are Category III Risks?
Category III risks are complex hazards which are severe or life-threatening, or those which can cause irreversible injuries. This group of risks cover a range of potential hazards, including:
- Hazardous chemicals and materials
- Electric shocks and contact with various voltage levels
- Knife wounds
- Deafening/damaging noise levels
The ActivArmr Class 1 Gloves are designed to offer protection against life-threatening or irreversible injuries cause by touch-voltage electric shocks.
Please note: These gloves are a Class 1 Pair of insulating gloves, and are only suitable for use as long as they are not damaged.
What Does Class 1 Protection Mean?
These gloves are rated Class 1 for electrical insulation. This means that they can insulate against a maximum of 7,500V AC and 11,250V DC.
Are There Any Alternatives to This Protective Glove?
Ansell also make a black variant of this Arc-Flash Resistant Glove. The ActivArmr Class 1 Insulated Electrical Safety Gloves (Black) function similarly to the yellow variant, and offers protection from the same level of electrical voltage. However, the black variant has a case-hardened finish, offering a tougher and more solid glove surface.
Key Features and Benefits
- Pair of insulated Class 1 electrical safety gloves
- Offers protection against touch-voltage
- Suitable for a range of industries, including electrical, automotive, utilities, and construction
- Class 1 insulation protects against voltages up to 7,500V AC and 11,250V DC
- Dipped using an environmentally friendly process for a more sustainable design
- Natural rubber latex construction offers both durability and flexibility
- Designed with a hand-at-rest shape with non-splayed fingers to limit hand fatigue during continuous usage
- Flared cuff provides breathability, and comfort for the user
- Cuff is roomy enough to comfortably fit over sleeves
- Offers light resistance to ozone and low temperatures
- Smooth finish makes for easy application and removal
- Machine washable at 60ºC for ongoing hygiene maintenance
- Available in a range of sizes so you can find the best fit for you
What Are These Straight Cuff Gloves Made From?
- Liner: Natural Latex Rubber
- Product Code: RIG114Y
- Colour: Yellow
- Washing Temperature: 60ºC
- Cuff Style: Straight cuff with rolled beaded edge